The Regional Sales Director leads sales and marketing strategy and execution to achieve/ exceed the annual booking targets for an assigned territory. It will include the management of Channel Sales through Distributor. This position reports to the Asia Pacific Vice President.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies in driving account retention, and expansion throughout the market to meet or exceed annual sales targets and goals. Actively build the sales pipeline with new clients.
- Grows and leads Channel Sales through Distributors
- Develops monthly revenue forecast, territory design, and resource planning for sale of all solutions. Qualify, complete, and facilitate tender responses.
- Oversees Sales Manager(s) in developing and sustaining key relationships to maximize revenue and business opportunities, participating in negotiation process as appropriate.
- Hires, motivates, manages and develops Sales Manager(s) to effectively work across a matrixed sales organization.
- Leads regional sales meetings; participates in strategic planning & sales leadership meetings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the company's strategies, goals, structure, and operating methodologies.
- Demonstrates company solutions to existing and potential customers.
- Plans, facilitate and co-ordinate approved road shows.
- Maintains and keeps updated Sales Force information and build and maintain a customer and knowledge base in Pivotal (or alternatively agreed CRM system)
Desired Experience and Education
- Bachelors’ degree plus at least 7 years’ related sales leadership experience in a comparable industry and/or to a comparable customer base, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the company's strategy, solutions and client base.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with proven ability to hire, motivate, educate, develop, hold accountable, and retain top talent.
- Strong forecasting, budgeting, financial analysis, and planning skillset with ability to ability to analyze compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
- Experience negotiating large-scale contracts in the global arena.
- Ability to clearly and compellingly articulate the full company value proposition.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to mobilize resources across a matrixed organization to reach shared goals.
- Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role, particularly Microsoft Office suite of products.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Professional IT sales experience
- Existing network of potential customers.
- Fluency in local language and English.
Other important information about this position:
- This is a full time and remote home based position with business travel. The role is based in Japan.
- Frequent national and international travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.