- Permanent Position
- Sydney CBD
- ASAP start
In this role you will have the flexibility to make decisions on the implementation and evaluation of information management policies, projects, and services, in line with business strategies and legislative requirements
Our client is an iconic Australian Institution with a mission to inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything they do.
They are seeking a Records Management Specialist to provide advice on strategies, policies, and procedures to achieve best practice information management in line with industry standards and legislative requirements.
The Records Management Specialist will have responsibility for the implementation and adoption of corporate records policy and management information across systems and ensure compliance with the State Records Act 1988, NSW Government Information Security Policy and audit requirements directly related to corporate information.
Key challenges in this position will be to drive an understanding of the importance of information management and the value of information in the day to day operations, as well as ensuring compliance for staff to follow information classification processes and the adoption of current systems.
- Tertiary qualifications in information management, information professional certification or equivalent, and eligibility for professional membership of the Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIMPA)
- Demonstrated experience managing both physical and digital records, implementing information management policies and procedures, and digitising information for long-term preservation.
- Demonstrated experience administering and providing training and support in an electronic documents and records management system ideally HPE Records Manager (TRIM). Comprehensive knowledge of legislation or policies relevant to information management, specifically the State Records Act, Evidence Act, GIPAA, DISP and Copyright legislation.
- Demonstrated high-level analytical and research skills and their application in an information management environment.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills, including an ability to translate specialist concepts for a lay audience.
- Flexibility and a commitment to continuous improvement